The following incidents were obtained from Franklin County Sheriff Don Jones. Note that arrests, charges and citations are allegations only, not findings of guilt.
• Deputies arrested Amanda D. Johnson, 31, of Marion for failure to appear on drug charges.
• Deputies arrested Kendra S. Dent, 31, of Carbondale for failure to appear on traffic charges.
• Deputies arrested Shawn R. Tucker, 38, of West Frankfort for failure to appear on traffic charges.
• Deputies arrested Jamie R. Jones, 46, of Sesser for failure to appear on traffic charges.
• Deputies responded at 3:03 a.m. to a single-vehicle crash on Rt. 14 just west of Rend City Road. The investigation revealed that a 2001 Chevrolet pickup driven by Michael A. Diuguid, 21, of Zeigler was westbound on Rt. 14 when he lost control, ran off the roadway and overturned prior to striking a tree. Diuguid was the sole occupant of the vehicle and sustained major injuries. He was transported to a St. Louis-area hospital. The investigation is ongoing, and alcohol is believed to have been a factor. Several area fire departments assisted at the scene along with Abbott EMS.
• Deputies responded at 11:35 a.m. to a traffic stop in Zeigler and subsequently arrested Gus G. Macropoulos on a charge of driving on a suspended license.
• Deputies responded at 12:38 p.m. to a battery complaint that had occurred the previous day at a residence in Whittington. The investigation led to the arrest of David L. Woods, 37, of Whittington on a charge of aggravated battery.
• Deputies responded at 5:50 p.m. to a traffic incident on Izaac Walton Road just east of Rt. 148 and subsequently arrested Linda D. Jones, 60, of Valier on a charge of DUI.
• Deputies began an investigation at 11:41 a.m. into an incident at the Franklin County Courthouse that resulted in the arrest of Natasha L. Potts, 32, of Benton on a charge of felony theft. She was taken to the Franklin County Jail in lieu of $10,000.00 bond.
• Deputies responded at 8:57 p.m. to a crash on Rt. 34 east of Benton. The preliminary investigation revealed that a 2000 Chevrolet pickup driven by Austin R. Crawford, 16, of Benton was eastbound on Rt. 34 when he attempted to pass a 2003 Ford pickup driven by Lucas C. Prior, 17, of Benton. The crash is still under investigation. Neither driver was injured, but two passengers in the Ford pickup sustained major injuries and were transported to local hospitals by Abbott EMS. An Ameren utility pole and a privately owned fence also were damaged. Citations are pending for both drivers.
• A traffic stop at 8:30 a.m. in Christopher resulted in the arrest of Merry M. Sinks, 53, of Pittsburg on a charge of driving on a suspended license.
• Deputies responded at at 6:18 p.m. to a single-vehicle crash at Rend City Road near Sandusky Creek Lane. The preliminary investigation revealed that a 2004 Chevrolet Malibu driven by Tyreece N. Cobb, 17, of Carbondale was eastbound and failed to negotiate a curve, running off of the roadway striking a culvert. The driver was uninjured, but two juvenile passengers sustained minor injuries and were transported by Abbott EMS to Franklin Hospital. The driver was cited for failure to reduce speed to avoid a crash, as well as for a violation of the graduated drivers license law.
• Deputies responded at 6:31 p.m. to a two-vehicle crash on Illinois 14 at the intersection at Illinois 184. The preliminary investigation revealed that a 2014 Chevrolet Spark driven by Savanah D. Cobin, 18, of Christopher was westbound on Illinois 14 and rear-ended a 2015 Ford Escape stopped in traffic and driven by Carrie L. Sevenski, 31, of Benton. Cobin sustained minor injuries but refused medical treatment. She was cited for failure to reduce speed to avoid a crash. There were no other injuries.
• Deputies responded at 5:28 p.m. to a one-vehicle crash on Mine 25 Road west of Antioch Road. The preliminary investigation revealed that a 2009 Dodge Ram driven by Gregory S. Collins, 35, of Orient was traveling eastbound when the vehicle left the roadway and struck a tree. There were no injuries, but the driver was cited for failure to reduce speed to avoid a crash and leaving the scene of a property damage accident.
• Deputies responded at 1:08 a.m. to a reported disturbance at Season's Lodge in Whittington. The investigation resulted in the arrest of Edward F. Rabil, 32, of Grovetown, Ga., on a felony charge of theft.
• Deputies responded at 5:04 p.m. to a two-vehicle traffic crash on Number 9 Blacktop just east of New Lake Road. The preliminary investigation revealed that a 2011 Chevrolet Silverado pickup driven by Bruce E. Dotson, 70, of Thompsonville left a private driveway and was struck by a 2006 Harley Davidson motorcycle driven by Elisha J. Doolin, 39, of West Frankfort. The crash is still under investigation, and alcohol or drugs are believed to have been a factor. The driver of the pickup has a citation pending for failure to yield right of way. He was not injured. The motorcycle rider sustained major injuries and was airlifted to an Evansville, In. Hospital. During the investigation, it was learned that the motorcycle had been reported stolen from Bloomington in October 2016. The motorcycle rider will be charged with driving under the influence, operating an uninsured vehicle and improper use of registration. He also will face possible charges of unlawful possession of a stolen vehicle and possession of methamphetamine.
• Deputies arrested Mikaela G. Morris, 20, of Zeigler for failure to appear on an unlawful consumption of alcohol charge.
• Deputies arrested Daniel K. Harkins, 35, of Johnston City for failure to appear on an obstructing a police officer charge.
• Deputies responded at 11:50 a.m. to a disturbance in Coello that resulted in felony criminal damage to property charges against a 17-year-old juvenile female. She was arrested, processed at the Franklin County Jail and released
to the custody of her mother.
• Deputies made a traffic stop at 12:05 a.m. in rural Mulkeytown that resulted in the arrest of Brandon R. Fitzpatrick, 37, of Mulkeytown on a charge of possession of 5 to 15 grams of methamphetamine.
• Deputies working with the U.S. Marshall Service arrested Kyle A. Ridlen, 27, of rural West Frankfort at 4 p.m. June 30 at his residence on a Franklin County warrant charging him with child pornography and grooming. The case is part of an ongoing investigation by the Franklin County Sheriff's Cyber Crimes Unit. Ridlen later was released from custody after posting $5,000 cash bond.