Breaking News Bar

Electrical fire causes minor home damage

 
Staff Report
Posted on 1/15/2019, 12:37 PM

DU QUOIN -- Dodging snowflakes Friday, Du Quoin firefighters responded to a 7 p.m. fire call at 18 S. Linden St.

According to Fire Chief David Durkota, a faulty light switch in the attic was the culprit. The fire, he said, was contained to the attic with no major damage done.

"There was a sudden loss of power at the residence which led to the owners spotting the problem and calling us right away," Durkota said. "Fortunately, there was no real damage done to the home."

The chief said firefighters were on the scene for a little over an hour.