The following incidents were obtained from Franklin County Sheriff Don Jones. Note that arrests, charges and citations are allegations only, not findings of guilt.
• Deputies responded at 1:48 p.m. to a two-vehicle traffic crash on North Thompsonville Road at Carlyle Road. The investigation concluded that a 2018 Dodge driven by Dalton W. James, 28, of Du Quoin was southbound and swerved into the northbound lane. A northbound 2011 Chevrolet Impala driven by Timothy L. Neal, 27, of Galatia was forced off the roadway, striking a mailbox. There were no injuries, and James was cited for failure to reduce speed to avoid a traffic crash.
• Deputies responded at 2:04 p.m. to a single-vehicle crash on Rt. 148 near the Zeigler-Royalton schools. The investigation concluded that a 2017 Harley Davidson Sportster driven by Alex K. Stewart, 21, of Christopher was northbound on Rt. 148 when the motorcycle went out of control and down on its side. Stewart sustained major injuries and was transported to a local hospital by Abbott EMS. He also was ticketed for violation of driver's license classification and operating an uninsured vehicle.
• Deputies responded at 10:18 p.m. to a single-vehicle traffic crash on Rt. 149 at Antioch Road. The investigation concluded that a 2014 Dodge Avenger driven by Collin D. Batts, 23, of West Frankfort was apparently eastbound and lost control, running off the roadway into a ditch. The driver reportedly left the scene. The investigation resulted in the arrest of Batts for leaving the scene of a property damage traffic crash, failure to reduce speed to avoid a traffic crash and operating an uninsured vehicle.
• Police arrested James A. Besson, 43, of Herrin on a warrant for failure to appear for battery.
• Deputies responded to a trespassing complaint on private property in rural West Frankfort. The investigation resulted in the arrest of James D. Muck Jr., 24, of Marion on a charge of criminal trespass to property; and Jessica M. McPherson, 24, of Thompsonville on charges of criminal trespass to property and unlawful possession of methamphetamine.
• Deputies responded at 12:27 p.m. to a single-vehicle traffic crash in rural Sesser. The incident turned out not to be a crash, but a 1999 Pontiac was located in a ditch at the intersection of Bear Point and Evergreen roads. The investigation resulted in the arrest of Robert L. Gibson, 35, of Dowell on a charge of driving under the influence of alcohol.
• Deputies responded at 11 p.m. to a domestic dispute in rural Benton. The investigation resulted in the arrest of Christina A. Robinson, 48, of Benton for domestic battery.
• A traffic stop at 3 p.m. in West Frankfort resulted in the arrest of Zachary M. Baize, 24, of West Frankfort ona charge of unlawful display of registration, a class A misdemeanor.
• Police arrested Jolene R. Stanley, 42, of West Frankfort on a warrant for unlawful delivery of a controlled substance.
• Police arrested Elisha D. Johnson, 37, of Elkville on a warrant for failure to appear on methamphetamine charges.