Wednesday, Jan. 10
• Story time, 10 a.m., Benton Public Library.
• Catfish dinner, 5 to 7 p.m., Benton Elks Lodge, 167 Industrial Park Road; all-you-can-eat meal, $8.95.
Thursday, Jan. 11
• Link Card application sign-up, 9 a.m. to noon, Ministry for the Broken Hearted Food Pantry, 201 W. Market St., Christopher; 618-927-0202.
Friday, Jan. 12
• Fish dinner, 5 to 7 p.m., Benton American Legion, 311 S. Main St.; $10 per plate.
Saturday, Jan. 13
• Masonic chili dinner, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Royalton Masonic Lodge 1047, Illinois 149; dinner includes chili, hot dog or chili dog, dessert and drink for $7.
• Fire Department annual chili supper, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., West Frankfort Fire Department, 201 E. Nolen St., all you can eat, $7; bring a canned good and receive a free dessert; canned goods donated to a local food pantry.
• Legos at the Library, 10 a.m. to noon, Benton Public Library.
Tuesday, Jan. 16
• Southern Illinois Awakening: Prayer, Praise and Prophecy, 9:30 a.m., Upper Room, 902 S. McLeansboro St., Benton; (618) 218-5549, email@example.com.
• Jeanita Spillman and the Encore Band, 6:30 to 9 p.m. (every Tuesday), Gwyn-Wynn Senior Citizens Center, Benton; 618-218-4676.
• Pre-K story time, 10 to 11 a.m., West Frankfort Public Library.
Wednesday, Jan. 17
• Facts and Snacks, 2 p.m., Heritage Woods of Benton, 1305 Bailey Lane; free presentation by Veterans Honor Flight of Southern Illinois; enjoy a snack and learn how to get involved in this year's flight; 618-439-9431.
• Book Club, 1 to 3 p.m., Benton Public Library; discussion about what participants want the club to be in the coming months.
Saturday, Jan. 20
• I'm Backin' Brenda, 5 to 10 p.m., La Fiesta Mexican Restaurant, 110 S. Jackson St., Benton; community fundraiser for Brenda Morgan, who is undergoing cancer treatments in St. Louis; 50/50, silent auction; 618-927-4424.
• Book signing, noon to 1:30 p.m., Benton Public Library; local author Nicole Cole talking about her book, "Miss Wisherly's Bus Adventures Volume 2: No Bullies Allowed," light snacks and drinks provided.
• Historical District chili supper, 5 to 7 p.m., West Franklin Historical District and Silkwood Inn Museum, 2130 Schoolhouse Rd., Mulkeytown; meal includes bowl of chili, crackers, hot dog or chili dog, drink and dessert for a $7 donation; children 12 and younger, $3.50.