The following incidents were obtained from Franklin County Sheriff Don Jones. Note that arrests, charges and citations are allegations only, not findings of guilt.
• Deputies responded at 1:49 a.m. to a reported suspicious vehicle in rural Thompsonville. The investigation resulted in the arrest of Christopher R. Braden, 34, of Akin on charges of possession of a stolen vehicle, driving while license suspended and burglary.
• A traffic stop at 2:58 p.m. in West Frankfort resulted in the arrest of Jarrett A. Cash, 35, of West Frankfort on a charge of driving while license suspended.
• Deputies arrested David M. Rector, 32, of Broughton on a warrant for failure to appear on traffic charges.
• Deputies arrested Taylor N. Williams, 22, of Valier on a warrant for failure to appear on traffic charges.
• Deputies arrested Richard E. Herring, 31, of West Frankfort on a warrant for cruelty to animals.
• Deputies arrested Edward G. Rabal, 33, of Grovetown, Ga., on a warrant for failure to appear for theft.
• Deputies arrested Chekoda W. Frick, 31, of Zeigler on a warrant for violation of an order of protection.
• A traffic stop at 8:48 a.m. on Rt. 37 in Whittington resulted in the arrest of Patricia K. Eairheart, 48, of Steeleville on charges of speeding and driving while license suspended.
• Deputies responded at 2:46 p.m. to a two-vehicle traffic crash on Rt. 149 at the Number 9 Blacktop. The investigation revealed that a 2008 Nissan Pathfinder driven by Christi L. Jones, 34, of West Frankfort pulled from the Number 9 Blacktop onto Rt. 149 and into the path of a 1997 Ford pick-up driven by Larry G. Davis, 64, of West Frankfort. There were no injuries, and Jones was ticketed for driving too fast for conditions.
• A traffic stop at 1:46 a.m. in rural Benton resulted in the arrest of Andrew P. Simpson, 21, of Mulkeytown on a charge of driving under the influence of alcohol.
• Deputies responded at 1:30 p.m. to a reported burglary and theft in rural Benton involving the theft of two ATVs. The two ATVs were recovered in Williamson County, and deputies are seeking a Williamson County resident now wanted on a warrant for the theft.
• Deputies arrested Michael L. Cottonaro, 28, of Pittsburg on warrant for failure to appear on a battery charge.
• Deputies responded at 1 p.m. to a reported burglary and theft in rural Thompsonville that involved mowing equipment. The equipment has since been recovered in the state of Tennessee. An arrest warrant has been issued for the suspect.
• Deputies arrested Terrie J. Dix, 35, of Mt. Vernon on a warrant for failure to appear on traffic charges.
• Deputies responded at 8:34 p.m. to a domestic disturbance in rural Benton. The investigation resulted in the arrest of Damion N. Nicholson, 37, of Benton on a charge of domestic battery.
• Deputies at 10:50 p.m. assisted the West Frankfort Police with a traffic stop. The sheriff's K-9 and handler, along with West Frankfort Police, charged Scott W. Wiggins, 35, of Benton with possession of a controlled substance and obstructing a police officer as a result of the stop.
• Deputies responded at 1:41 a.m. to a multi-vehicle traffic crash on Interstate 57 at milepost 68 southbound. The investigation revealed that a 1999 Chevrolet Silverado was southbound pulling a triple-axle trailer that began to "fishtail." The driver pulled into the median in an attempt to get it off the roadway, but the trailer was left partially on the roadway. The Silverado was driven by Manny F. Leyva, 25, of Horn Lake, Miss. A 2016 Mazda driven by Steven J. Zimmer, 62, of Blue Earth was also south bound and struck the trailer. A third vehicle, also southbound, struck the trailer. That vehicle was a 2016 Volvo driven by Juan N. Nava Reyes, 47, of Chicago. There were no injuries, and Leyva was cited for failure to reduce speed to avoid a crash and having an expired registration.
• Deputies arrested Tracey L. Durham, 38, of West Frankfort on a warrant for failure to appear on a theft charge.
• Deputies were alerted by the Cheatham County, Tenn. Sheriff's Office at 12:16 a.m. that they had information that an individual wanted for kidnapping/child abduction and driving a stolen vehicle may be in the Rend Lake area. The information was that the abducted child, the 11-year-old son of the suspect, may be present with the suspect as well. The suspect vehicle was located at Seasons Motel on Golf Course Road in Whittington. Deputies arrested Michael D. Denson Jr., 45, of Ashland City, Tenn., and John T. Parrott, 30, of Joelton, Tenn., without incident. The 11-year-old boy was also safe, taken into custody and returned to his legal guardians in Tennessee. Denson is being held for vehicle theft, child abduction and possession of a stolen vehicle. Parrott has been charged with possession of a stolen vehicle.
• Deputies responded at 4:44 p.m. to a two-vehicle traffic crash on Rt. 34 just east of Benton. The investigation revealed that a 2003 Buick Century driven by Paula N. Flowers, 62, of Benton was eastbound and rear-ended a 2004 Ford Escape driven by Joshua J. Basenberg, 33, of Benton, that was also eastbound and had slowed in traffic to negotiate a turn. There were no injuries, and Flowers was cited for failure to reduce speed to avoid a crash, unlawful display of license plates and operating an uninsured vehicle.
• Deputies arrested Joseph M. Gant, 37, of Benton on a warrant for contempt of court.
• Deputies arrested Jennifer K. Smith, 38, of Vienna on a warrant for failure to appear on drug charges.