The following incidents were obtained from Franklin County Sheriff Don Jones. Note that arrests, charges and citations are allegations only, not findings of guilt.
• Deputies arrested John S. Proz, 43, of West Frankfort on warrants for domestic battery, violation of an order of protection and interfering with the reporting of domestic violence.
• Deputies responded at 5:05 p.m. to a three-vehicle crash on Rt. 34 just east of Aden Road. The investigation revealed that a 2006 Chrysler Sebring was eastbound on Rt. 34 but was stopped in traffic while attempting to negotiate a left turn. The Sebring was driven by William R. Campbell, 67, of Galatia, who was uninjured. A second vehicle, a 2007 Ford driven by John P. Rosas, 42, of Aurora, was also east bound behind the Sebring. A third vehicle, a 2007 Chrysler 300 driven by Coe Levi Batts, 30, of West Frankfort, was eastbound and rear-ended the Ford, which in turn forced the Ford into the Chrysler Sebring. Rosas received minor injuries and was transported to a local hospital by Abbott EMS. Coe Batts was uninjured and was ticketed for failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident.
• Deputies responded at 2:22 a.m. to a domestic dispute in rural West Frankfort. The investigation resulted in the arrest of Daunte L. Phillips, 37, of West Frankfort for domestic battery.
• Deputies arrested Kelly R. Hart, 50, of Marion on a warrant for failure to appear for retail theft.
• Deputies arrested Joseph J. Chaney, 29, of Ewing on a warrant for ailure to appear for domestic battery.
• Deputies responded at 9:50 a.m. to a domestic dispute in Thompsonville. The investigation resulted on the arrest of Robby E. Galyean, 43, of Thompsonville for felony domestic battery.
• Deputies arrested Shelli J. Drue, 46, of Mulkeytown on a warrant for failure to appear on drug charges.
• Deputies arrested Michael L. Wright, 46, of Royalton on a warrant for failure to appear on a battery charge.
• Deputies arrested Jerica J. Drue, 27, of Zeigler for failure to appear for DUI.
• Deputies responded at 9:55 a.m. to a domestic dispute in Orient. The investigation resulted in the arrest of Cody N. Brookshire for felony domestic battery.
• Deputies responded at 4:58 p.m. to a single-vehicle crash on Rt. 14 1/4 mile west of Long Prairie Road. The investigation revealed that a 2015 Ford F150 pickup truck driven by Michael H. McGhee, 23, of Earlysville, Va., was traveling when he lost control of the pickup and left the roadway, running into a field and striking a tree. McGhee received minor injuries. He was transported to a local hospital by Abbott EMS.
• A deputy was looking at 2:04 p.m. for an individual wanted on a warrant at a residence in West Frankfort. The subject, Michael S. Newberry, 33, of West Frankfort, was located and taken into custody. Incident to the arrest, methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia were discovered. A second suspect was also at the residence and charged along with Newberry for the meth. She is identified as Jeana M. Anderson, 37, of Mt. Carmel.
• A traffic stop at 8:30 p.m. in rural Benton resulted in the arrest of Kassie M. Tennant, 36, of West Frankfort for driving while license revoked and for an outstanding Williamson County warrant for traffic charges.
• Deputies arrested Paul K. Branch-Leach, 41, of West Frankfort on warrants for burglary and theft.
• Deputies responded at 12:30 p.m. to a domestic dispute in rural West Frankfort. The investigation resulted in the arrest of Billy N. Bishop, 22, of West Frankfort for domestic battery.
• Deputies arrested Aaron W. Simmons, 23, of Mt. Vernon on a warrant for unlawful delivery of a controlled substance.
• Deputies initiated an investigation at 7:05 a.m. involving the theft of two handguns from a rural Benton residence. The investigation is ongoing and has resulted in the arrest of Lucas T. Meadows, 25, of Benton and Clayton M. Richardson, 24, of Benton for possession of a stolen firearm (class 2 felony). More arrests are anticipated.
• Deputies arrested Selena L. Melton, 42, of Valier at 9 a.m. for a theft that had been reported Sept. 9 from a rural Thompsonville residence. The arrest was made on a warrant charging a class 1 felony theft. Bond has been set at $25,000.00.
• Deputies arrested Bradley N. Ogde, 27, of Carbondale on a warrant for failure to appear for criminal damage to property.