The following incidents were obtained from Franklin County Sheriff Don Jones. Note that arrests, charges and citations are allegations only, not findings of guilt.
• A traffic stop at 11:13 a.m. in West Frankfort resulted in the arrest of Jay Robert Chapman, 41, of West Frankfort on a charge of driving while license revoked. Chapman also was wanted for failure to appear in a civil case.
• Deputies responded at 3:58 a.m. to a single-vehicle traffic crash in rural Thompsonville involving an all-terrain vehicle that had attempted to flee a traffic stop. The driver of the Polaris ATV was William T. Shaw, 20, of West Frankfort. He and a passenger, Ashley M. Corder, 20, of Herrin, both sustained minor injuries and were treated at a local hospital. Shaw was charged with fleeing and attempting to elude a police officer, failure to reduce speed to avoid a crash, operating an uninsured motor vehicle and DUI.
• Deputies responded at 8:53 a.m. to a domestic dispute in Logan that resulted in the arrest of Christina L. Walden, 38, of Logan on a charge of domestic battery.
• A traffic stop at 8:44 a.m. in Royalton resulted in the arrest of Virgil D. O'Brien, 39, of De Soto on a charge of driving while license revoked.
• Deputies arrested a subject in West Frankfort wanted on an outstanding warrant for failure to appear on child endangerment. A search of the subject incident to the arrest led to further criminal charges of possession of more than 15 grams of methamphetamine. Nicholas A. Galloway, 25, of Benton was taken to the Franklin County Jail in lieu of $53,000 total bond.
• Deputies responded at 5:19 p.m. to an incident on Rt. 149 just west of Royalton. Dispatch had been contacted by the public reporting an erratic driver traveling on Rt. 149 toward Royalton, running other cars off of the roadway and traveling extremely slow. At the request of county dispatch, a Royalton police officer responded until deputies could arrive. The Royalton officer located the suspect vehicle stationary on the highway 100 feet north of Chamness Road. When the Royalton officer attempted to make contact with the suspect driver, he apparently intentionally rammed the Royalton Police car. Deputies arrived shortly after this, and the driver was subdued and initially transported to a local hospital by Abbott EMS due to his apparent level of intoxication. Royalton Fire and First Responders had also responded. Johnathan D. Quinn, 45, of Vergennes was later taken into custody and transported to the Franklin County Jail on charges of driving under the influence, illegal transportation of alcohol, improper parking on roadway, felony criminal damage to state-supported property and aggravated assault. The Royalton Police officer received minor injuries in the incident.
• Deputies responded at 5:48 p.m. to a two-vehicle traffic crash on Park Street Road one half mile west of Rend City Road. A 2013 Honda CRV driven by Kelly Jo Bate, 54, of Valier was westbound on Park Street Road and apparently topped a hill and was in the eastbound lane, causing a collision with an eastbound 2013 Kia Optima driven by Justin D. Mandrell, 31, of Coello. Both drivers received major injuries and were transported to a local hospital by Abbott EMS. Citations are pending the outcome of the investigation.
• A traffic stop at 6:39 p.m. on Rt. 14 between Buckner and Christopher resulted in the arrest of a motorcyclist, Jordan A. Pennington, 31, of West Frankfort for speeding, unlawful use of weapons and possession of metal (brass) knuckles.
• Deputies responded at 12:39 p.m. to a domestic dispute in Logan that resulted in the arrest of Devin M. Birckhead, 24, of Logan for felony domestic battery and failure to register as a violent offender against youth.
• Deputies responded at 2:55 p.m. to a one-vehicle traffic crash on Orient Blacktop at the 7th Street intersection. A 1999 Dodge Caravan driven by Carrie L. Stahura, 31, of West Frankfort was southbound, lost control attempting to negotiate the turn and crashed into several trees. The driver was uninjured in the crash, but was hospitalized for an unrelated medical condition. She was also cited for operating an uninsured motor vehicle and for driving while license revoked.
• A traffic stop at 8:20 p.m. on Rend City Road resulted in the arrest of Emery A. Eubanks, 20, of Sesser for driving while license suspended.
• Deputies at 3:23 a.m. investigated an incident that occurred at South Marcum Campground at Rend Lake. The investigation resulted in the arrest of Michael Q. Wilkerson, 37, of Benton for possession of methamphetamine, possession of drug paraphernalia, criminal trespass and misdemeanor theft. The same incident resulted in the arrest of Raef P. Baggett, 37, of De Soto for being a sex offender inside a public park.
• Deputies responded at 7:22 a.m. to a one-vehicle traffic crash on Rt. 149 east of West Frankfort. A 2013 Kawasaki Motorcycle driven by Michael D. Bowers, 46, of West Frankfort was westbound when a jacket became entangled in the rear wheel, causing the driver to lose control and crash. The driver was transported to a local hospital by West Frankfort Fire Ambulance with non-life-threatening injuries. The driver was cited for violation of driver's license classification.
• Deputies responded at 3:53 p.m. to a two-vehicle traffic crash on Rt. 37 at South County Line Road. A 2003 Chevrolet Trail Blazer driven by Jacob C. Sileven, 16, of West Frankfort was southbound on Rt. 37 and rear-ended a 2008 Chevrolet Colorado driven by Kailyn B. Stewart, 16, of West Frankfort, who was also southbound stopped in traffic attempting a left turn. There were no injuries, and Sileven was cited for failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident.
• Deputies responded at 12:35 a.m. to a one vehicle crash on Ruembler Crossing Road 1/4 mile east of Rt. 37. A 2009 Kia Rio driven by Melissa K. Griffin, 26, of West Frankfort was driving eastbound when it ran off the road, striking an embankment. She was not injured but was arrested for failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident and driving under the influence.
• Deputies responded at 7:03 a.m. to a two-vehicle traffic crash on Rt. 37 just north of Benton. A 2002 Chevrolet Impala driven by Dakota D. Steinberger, 17, of Benton was southbound on Rt. 37 and rear-ended a garbage truck also moving southbound. The truck was driven by Travis A. Bider, 35, of Carterville. There were no injuries, and Dakota Steinberger was cited for failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident.