The Du Quoin Public Library's photo gallery has been filled with the best of the best of local photographers' work this month. The theme of the display is sports. Photos included are:
● "Football Sunset" by Austin Booker.
● "Baseball" by Gary Brock.
● "Swimming" by Wendy Hopkins.
● "Cardinals at Cincinnati" by Jean Bullock.
● "Softball" by Stephanie Waller.
● "Golf" by Gary Brock.
● "Basketball" by Chuckie Payne.
● "The Old Course St. Andrews (Golf)" by Betty Eastman.
● "Lebanon Troopers Drum and Bugle Corps" by Jon Montgomery.
● "Du Quoin Football" by Jon Montgomery.
● "Indianettes" by Becky Hagerling.
● "Saluki Basketball" by Becky Hagerling.
● "Ansthruther Fishing" by Betty Eastman.
● "Fishing" by Pat Purnell.
● "Roping" by Pat Purnell.
● "Soccer" by Julie Behm.
"Our photo gallery and the receptions draw more visitors, different visitors, to the library and, at the same time, add to their experience," Library Director Kristina Benson said. "But it also gives local photographers a venue."
Four times each year, the library invites local photographers -- resident and non-resident library patrons -- to submit original works, representing specific topics, chosen by the library board. Information sheets are available at the library that list the competition's conditions, including photo sizes, matting and framing, and required information cards and hanging hardware.
Each photographer must complete an exhibit application form, also available at the library.
If you're interested, start shooting for the fall display, going up in October; the subject will be pets.
For more information, contact Benson at 618-542-5045 or email@example.com. The library is open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Fridays and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturdays.