Heather Mitchell, Benton Consolidated High School drafting instructor, is congratulating her drafting students for their success at the regional drafting competition March 8 at Rend Lake College.
Five schools were competing against each other at the 36th annual IDEA drafting competition.
Benton took 13 out of the 20 places they were competing for.
• Austin Johnson received first place in Introductory Board, while Lindsey Hall took second and Dakota Casey took third.
• In Introductory CAD, Valarie Repp received third place.
• Gavin Suver received first place in CAD Modeling, and William Bonthron took second in Assembly Modeling.
• Slater Moore received first place in Mechanical CAD and Chelsee Bushue received second place.
• In Architectural Board, Brooke Jones received first place and Kryslyn Fowler took second place.
• Logan Page received first place in 2D Architectural CAD and Nick Shelton received second place.
• Macy McDonald took third place in 3D Architectural CAD.
A record-breaking 10 students will advance on to the state competition from BCHS. The students advancing include Austin Johnson, Lindsey Hall, Gavin Suver, William Bonthron, Slater Moore, Chelsee Bushue, Brooke Jones, Kryslyn Fowler, Logan Page, and Nick Shelton.
Mrs. Mitchell would like to specially congratulate seniors Gavin Suver and Brooke Jones on advancing to state competition three years in a row.
State competition will be held April 20 at Illinois State University in Normal.
“Many of these students are graduating this year and pursuing a career in either architecture or engineering,” Mitchell said. “This is such an amazing group of young people. Words cannot define how proud I am of them.
“It has truly been an honor to have these students in my class. Each day they continue to impress me, and I look forward to great things from them in the future,” Mitchell added.